Monday, February 22, 2010

wintry weather watch

So they say this was the best day of the week! Brian stayed home from school with stomach pain. I evaluated him before I left and decided he'd be OK if I left him for four hours so I went to work, and he was. I brought him lots of food afterwards, and he ate it, beginning with turkey chili from Whole Foods. I think that perhaps his constitution is balking at 3/4 of my chicken quesadilla followed by a cheeseburger on Saturday night, and then a bagel for breakfast, another bagel for lunch, and a bowl of apple jacks as a chaser on Sunday, all of which comprised his weekend diet.

As I said, I worked the morning, and I have two more mornings. Then I have two full days! In my favorite special ed class. So I'm quite busy for these two weeks. This is nice, and I appreciate the half days as well. And fortunately this is not a cleaning lady week, so I won't have to worry about dog issues in the basement.

Speaking of dogs, I am quite concerned about Molly, as I think I have posted before. She is literally covered in tumors Covered beyond belief. I am ready to take her in to the vet and have her looked at. Certainly she is still being herself and aside from the pooping indiscretion and the possibility that she is the indoor pee-er, she's had no issues to speak of. But this sudden increased intake of water along with the excessive lumpiness and the crying head rubbing she's been doing merit attention. At the very least, she might need to go on some sort of pain killers or arthritis medication.

No critical decisions should need to be made at this point but I do wonder if she is masking some major pain. And I worry so much about leaving her in April! I have secured Wilbur's reservations, although I'm a bit annoyed that I have to pay for an extra day because they don't allow pick-ups after 10AM on Sunday. But I would never leave him anywhere else, if he has nearly as successful of a week as he did when we went to London it will be well worth it.

Very sad news from the CarePage I have been following today, the poor woman succumbed to her illness, after just over two weeks of valiant efforts on the part of the medical staff. They really tried everything they had, but it wasn't enough in the end. She was very young (31) and had been in excellent health. Sadly, she leaves behind a nine year old daughter, along with her husband and large family. They are a very religious group and I envy them the comfort that it brings them as they go through this most awful thing.

In other news, and I barely want to give it the benefit of the bits and bytes it might take up, but still not a peep on the job. I guess it doesn't matter right now, I'm working as if I have a full time job lately anyway so I can't complain, only I am home to drive kids and care for pets and shop as I need to. But how rude! Enough said about that. And now I am waiting for the Bachelor to come on. I understand this will be quite the unprecedented ending.

No comments: