Monday, February 8, 2010

the sound of silence

Yes, that is what I have again - no email no call no nothing...no job! So that is how it goes, third week in a row, what a fool I am! How could I believe it would be different? Oh well. If history is any indicator, then I will know in a few days. My AOL horoscope says: "Don't lose faith if you leap forward only to fall into a holding pattern" and then later reads: "Brainy Mercury's entry into Aquarius and your 2nd House of Resources on February 10 opens your mind to fresh ways of generating income."

Hmm. Too bad we'll be under two feet of snow on February 10. Maybe I should take the snow blower around the neighborhood and ring some doorbells.

Tonight the house is quiet, except for Brian's occasional hacking cough as he spends yet another night of possibly inefficient schoolwork. He has been at it since around noon, or so he'd have me believe, and still has quite a ways to go. He has a history test and a Spanish quiz tomorrow, but he "didn't know" about the Spanish quiz, although he berated me for insisting on printing all the assignments off of the web, because he "knows what he has to do!" Kevin has gone to the Y to work out and bring Megan home, she is off to practice with her own hacking cough. Great.

But I do have other things to keep my mind occupied: I am supposed to work W/Th/F this week but who knows what this snow will do to that. The high school meet for Wednesday will surely be at least postponed if not canceled altogether, and the brackets for the state meets came out today and we're not in them, which means the coach didn't submit us for consideration. I had a feeling that would happen, but it's too bad. We easily beat two of the teams who are in there and we could have definitely qualified. But it's OK because the meets are inconvenient, especially with all the missed practices we're having due to weather this month. It just stinks that we don't get the chance to compete anyway.

Also, upcoming this month is the semi-annual neurologist appointment, and I can't even believe it, but the five year anniversary of the chiari decompression surgery! I just want to cancel the appointments and stop going! It's brought nothing but worry and anxiety, but of course I know it is also necessary. And I have to start working on Brian's legs. He's done nothing at all to loosen them up all year. And I never did call for the MRI results so I'll probably have a little mini-panic attack when I walk in the door, in anticipation of whatever it is the doctor might say to us. That appointment is on the 24th.

Along those lines (sort of, but not really) a friend of mine from back in the chiari forum days, who is now one of my Facebook friends, has a friend in a terrible state. Her CarePage is here: https://www.carepages.com/carepages/JennyBizaillionUpdates. As with Brian's page, you will have to sign in to view the page. The family is asking for everyone in the world to pray for Jenny, who is very, very sick after a bout of the flu. She appears to have been a perfectly healthy and vivacious 31 year old mother of a small girl before this happened, just four days ago. So if you know anyone who has these powers of prayer, please pass the page along!

Anyway, in other news, I am not working tomorrow (yet) but I am supposed to meet with someone who does the newsletter for Brian's school, to talk about taking it over from her for next year. Hopefully Brian will manage to stay afloat that long, and will still be in the school! And it will give me something to do to keep busy, even if The Job doesn't come through! And then, of course, the snow. The boys conference meet is supposed to be tomorrow night. I wonder if they'll get to swim.

No comments: