Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Little Update

This morning, in my gmail, was an email! It was from E! She received by mail a piece of paper notifying her of her placement. It didn't have any of the additional information that I rushed to fill in, in fact, I think I know what it was, it was the "placement notification" form that I had to complete.

So I have written her back and she has written me again, but I have also turned her loose on Megan, and vice versa, so the two of them are Facebook friends. Since she hadn't been sent any pictures, these are the first images she is having of our world. However, the only one in those pictures who is identified is Megan, so she still has no idea what the rest of us look like.

The board meeting is scheduled for tonight, but they have lost a member. On Sunday night, one of them died. I don't see any notification on the website that they have postponed the meeting, although the wakes are today. The funeral is tomorrow, so perhaps they either went to the early wake or will adjourn from the meeting and go straight to the evening session. At any rate, perhaps I will have a confirmation on the approval by later tonight; then we can start to make plans with the school.

In other news, the beach club swim team people have helped me out a little by adding C's name to the roster, so he will be able to receive a swim team t-shirt, and practice with them, and also swim in the two meets scheduled for the week he is here (if he is so inclined). They waived the $50 charge, but I did say I would pay the guest fee if we were staying at the club. All he has to do to race is swim one lap of freestyle, so hopefully he can do that. Maybe Megan can work with him a little before the first meet. Oh, and Brian's neck seems to be better. Maybe he just slept on it wrong, or perhaps it was something to do with the cold water when he swam that morning. That was my little reality check, in case I was getting too comfortable in life, the way the ducks were lining up and all.

No comments: