Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday the 13th

All in all, it was not such a bad day. First, no news from the exchange agency, so I don't even know if she has sent off the package. I need to find out, because I did my part and had the affidavit notarized, then overnighted it to the rep so she could stick it in the package. I also called my neighbor, who happens to be the president of the board, and filled her in, and she said to let her know on what day the package will arrive, and she will make a point of looking into it. I relayed this to the rep, but she hasn't gotten in touch with me at all. So I don't know if there's a hold-up, or if she just assumes I know all has gone according to plan. I sent her another mail late last night, so maybe she will answer. She is the one who is "on the ball" but sometimes she isn't that good about following up with news.

The other rep is still on vacation until the 19th. But I won't dwell on it. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough. I would have expected to have heard from E by now, so I don't know what it means that we haven't. But when I opened my link to her profile, her status showed as 'placed'. However, that's on our end. She may have a different status with the agency in Denmark; I don't know how that works.

Yesterday I just did some walking and went to buy some more orange lilies for the yard, because the ones I got last year came in so lovely this year. I only have them in one small spot, and if they were in a few, there would be splashes of color all over. So I or Kevin will have to dig them into the ground this morning. I have to spend the day housecleaning, because some of the baseball boys from the Little League team are coming over to swim at 4. Megan has to study for her midterms, which are next week, because we have the race track and the Doll's birthday dinner tomorrow, and won't be around for much of the day.

Then last night, we had to go to a swim meet at Princeton. Megan was in three events, but she scratched the 200 breast because it's not one of her stronger events and she wanted to save some strength for the 400 free at the end of the night. It worked out well because she came in second, and her time was pretty good, considering that that was the first time she's been in a 50 meter pool since last July. She came in 11th in the 200 back, she didn't really swim that so well, but again - first time in a long course pool in almost a year. Luckily, they swam the events last night from fastest to slowest, so she was in the first heat of the 400 free, which went off at 8:00. The last heat was scheduled to go off at 9, so we would have been there a whole extra hour if they had done it the way they normally do. We were out so early that we decided to stop by and surprise our friends in Princeton, so that was fun. We sat and talked with them for an hour or so before heading home.

So that was that. In other news, Kevin took Brian to the fair and he won all sorts of junk prizes, for the mere sum of $32. Brian informs me that his current score on the Spanish final is a 93 out of 102, and that is not including the written part that he took on Friday. This from the kid who had dropped to a C in the class. He told me one of the questions, it went something like this:

If Johnny likes cats and dogs, which class would he prefer:

art
something else
biology

He chose art. I am quite sure it's biology.

Anyway, Megan plans to rest and then study - she is awaiting mail from the school letting her know if she got accepted to the volunteer program at the extended year program for the special ed kids. Two other girls got their letters already, so we don't know why she didn't, other than hoping that it's just our backwoods post office. There have been other times when we get our mailings the day after everyone else, because of the ZIP code. One of the other girls does live in the same ZIP as the school, but the other does not. However, she doesn't live in our ZIP, she lives in a different one. So we will be watching the mail today.

No comments: