Monday, June 23, 2008

Lining up the Ducks

I always like to have my ducks in a row, so these past few weeks and months have been hard on me with all the uncertainty of the fresh air, exchange, and national cut mysteries. But now we are almost on the way to having all the ducks in a row. The fresh air is obviously settled, the exchange student has just one alleged formality of an obstacle set to take place in two days, and the Y has finally, finally, made public the times for the national meet in 2009, and we're still going!!! Now we have to find an affordable hotel and worry about what E will or won't want to do, but that's just minor for now.

So we are off to the beach club for the morning practices this week. Brian won't be able to take part in the swim team much this year, but that's Ok with him. He will go the first few weeks, then he has baseball camp, then we are away. Also, while we have C from Fresh Air, I'm not sure how he will like it, so we might not bother to go down all the time. Megan will be working her MWF volunteer job anyway, so she will only practice with them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She has Y practices anyway, these are just for fun for her.

Well, I hear the dryer beeping, so I can go and get ready to leave. I'll take my morning walk while they swim. In other news, I discovered why my blood pressure has been so low: my arm has been too high! So I have had to start taking new readings and a couple of times the bottom number was around 82-85. This morning it was just 74 so I was encouraged. I'll see how that goes, and will get back to the elimination of salt and fat, and the daily walks. (disclaimer: post not proofread)

No comments: