Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Minor Irritant

OK, well I was mistaken. There is a board meeting on June 20. We will not have to wait until July after all. I was so irritated by all of this that I called a neighbor who happens to be the president of the board of ed this year, and explained it all to her. She said that there is a meeting on June 20 and she will do everything she can to ensure that it gets on the agenda for that meeting, as long as we have handed in all the information that has been requested.

This morning, when I opened my email, there was one from the woman at the other agency, saying that she had gotten enrollment approval. I took this to mean that she considers this as good as a verbal OK, where the woman I am dealing with has her head all in a tizzy because a few simple documents have been requested. They want three affidavits: one stating that there will be no expense to the district, another stating that the student does not expect to graduate with a diploma, and a third (from me) stating that I take responsibility for the girl while she is here.

My rep objected to the third, which concerned me. I have said it before, I am not sure she is on the ball. She doesn't always read her emails before she writes to me or calls, and she can't accomplish anything without checking first with the regional rep. I'm also a little concerned that her role is going to be so great that she will get under my skin. She keeps reminding me that she will be here for me if there is a problem, but also that she will be here if the student has any problems. I just feel like she is going to be intrusive. It's almost like she wants us to have problems, so she can get involved. She even said she will be at the airport too, when we meet the plane.

She also thought it was unreasonable for the school to want to see her proof of insurance, and I don't know why that would be a big deal either.

And that is where we stand for today. I guess I am just waiting to hear from the agency as far as if they have been able to compile all of this paperwork. I don't know why it is a big deal. If I had gone with the other agency, we would be able to correspond with our student, and to make plans. I'm not going to go ahead and get a room ready until I know someone will be living in it. After all this, the girl could still turn us down. Maybe she wanted California or something, I don't know.

No comments: