Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little Bit of Luck

So one positive twist finally twisted: I got a call from the regional rep, the one who knows her stuff, and after talking to her I feel like everything is under control, as usual. She is going to get the affidavits on her end, and I will write up a quick letter stating that I take responsibility for E while she is with us, and should any problems arise, I will handle them and notify the agency, who will follow their protocol at that point. I can stop by the bank and have it notarized, then drop it at the district office tomorrow after my dentist appointment. Also, the local rep is going on vacation on Friday, so the regional rep will take it from here, for now.

She also said that she is going to let E know who we are, and she will have the option to refuse us (she didn't say this, I asked), of course, although the rep doesn't think this will happen, she says it never does in this part of the country; occasionally in some random desolate part of Idaho where they really only want exchange students to keep them company, but not normally in the major metropolitan areas. She first said E would have our info maybe tomorrow, but then I got another email telling me we had to give our details for background checks online (we had been waiting for approval from the school) so I just did that. I don't think it takes very long, but I don't know if it's done in less than a day. So soon we will at least be able to correspond.

The rep also told me that she found out a friend of hers is the one who got J2. J2 apparently has a boyfriend and has been asking if he can come visit (this is against the agency rules, actually) and has some other "issues". So she told me that I am better off with E anyway, despite my initial infatuation and heartbreak over losing J2.

More later. No other news.

No comments: