Wednesday, June 10, 2009

some things to think about

Well, the washer worked. It cost me $26 for the repairman to advise me to buy the extended warranty. He called his 'buddy' who works for Kenmore while he was here and the guy told him that the fault codes we've been getting make for some expensive repairs. So I finished all my laundry, told everyone else not to use it for a few days, and set up the warranty. So now, if it breaks, it is fixed for free. If you can call $589 for three years of coverage "free." That also covers the dryer, which has been working but does squeak a bit. So maybe I'll make use of the "free" tune-up service that comes along with the multi-million dollar warranty plan.

The Explorer is done, while we are talking big-ticket repairs, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to get down there to pick it up. I can pay over the phone, but I still need the car back by the weekend. If I drive my Honda to Princeton for this swim meet I'll be way over the mileage. I'm already about 250 miles over for the month, still with a week to go.

And I got my Bruce tickets! But I had to pay the top seat price, $98 apiece. Of course that means we got pretty good seats, and they're for the very last concert ever at Giants Stadium. I hope it doesn't rain! Also, I am so annoyed about "No Fee Wednesdays," the latest LiveNation promotion. I just bought five tickets to a Blink-182 concert in August, for Brian's birthday. Today I checked, and the price would have been $60 less for the same tickets if I had waited till this morning!! :X

And so we are heading for the poorhouse. Also broken is the kitchen light, which just refuses to work. I guess we have to replace that, as well as the front door, which requires duct tape to keep it from getting stuck shut. There is some sort of poltergeist around here, I think.

Anyway, in other news, the fair is in town and tonight is the wake for Brian's piano teacher. Brian and I are going alone. Megan can't come, she has to swim, and Kevin will just stay at work and come home so he'll be here in case we aren't back to pick her up in time. The baby birds on the porch are growing so big that you can see body parts if you peer through the hole. I imagine sometime around this weekend they will be ready to leave the nest. Quite a challenge it is keeping Wren the cat inside these days! Yesterday she escaped and it took an hour and a half of us guarding the birdhouse before she finally let me capture her.

No comments: