Sunday, June 28, 2009

morning news

For the second day in a row, we were allowed to sleep in. But this time, the pom awoke to a wet bed. I shouldn't be putting blankets in with him at night, but it hasn't been a problem until now. He got into some water last night later than he should have, and then he was in the crate for about eight hours. So I guess that was asking a lot. I'll stop giving him blankets at night and hope that helps. That was his first crate accident so I won't complain too much. He is very cute, which helps with these things. He also peed on the floor twice yesterday, which annoyed me but again, I have to get back to taking him out repeatedly after play and meals, etc.

And at least Baxter has gone home. The house is much calmer without his high-strung panting and clicking around. Kevin said the Doll seemed a whole lot better when he took her home, she has some sort of splint to immobilize her ankle and she can get around well with her cane. The cats have all come out of their crouching wide eyed stances.

Megan's day dominated mine yesterday, between her morning meet, her haircut and then being invited to a graduation party at the last minute. So I did all that driving, while Kevin and Brian went to the beach. I picked Megan up at 7:30 and we went down and joined them there for dinner. Which for me meant one soggy cold piece of pizza! We'll go back today for a real beach day. This will be the first time in quite a while that we've been able to get there.

When we got home, we found a message from E, letting us know that she had made it home but would be leaving this morning for her music festival trip, so we won't hear from her again for a week or more. I emailed her back and told her that she had forgotten all those clothes.

And in other news, Kevin is whining again because he's having trouble connecting to the internet from the big computer. He wants to reboot the router, even though that can't be the problem because this computer is working just fine. Oh, and yesterday he went to Sears and ordered a ride-on mower. So this should be interesting. I don't really know when he thinks he will have the time. He wants to train and pay Brian to do it. I hope the rest of my shrubs survive. The old lawn guy never even called back, after Kevin left a message telling him not to bother coming again. So now I'm stuck with a $4000 bill and a hole in the ground, and no call back.

No comments: