Saturday, June 13, 2009

is that the sun?

Really! The sun? Have not seen it in weeks, it seems - aside from a brief appearance last weekend when we were too busy to enjoy it. Now, today, again, I will spend the entire day in the Princeton U natatorium watching Megan swim - twice in six hours of waiting. This was my choice,though, because I am sending Kevin with E and Brian to the student year end meeting. I sent my evaluations in already, and hopefully gave the rep a fair but not that glowing rating.

Yesterday was the Doll's birthday so I got her a gift certificate which she can use for a fancy manicure and pedicure if she wants, or for her hair. Then we took her to dinner, just E and I, because Megan and Kevin were at Princeton (she came in first in the 400 free!) and Brian was out running wild (which has to stop). We'll all take her out again tomorrow, for the real celebration when everyone is together.

And today, I pick up my Explorer. I saw it yesterday! I drove down to pay for it so that I can just go and get it while they're closed, or whatever. The dealership is in the process of being taken over by the dealership across the street, which is why they fired everyone in the middle of the whole ordeal. In the end, hopefully that worked in our favor, because under the old regime, the price just kept going up and up and up, and this new guy came in and capped it, admittedly at a staggering figure, but at least not much more than the old car payments used to be, when I had them. So as soon as Kevin is up, he'll take me down to get it. I should probably bring a respirator. It's been sitting out in the heat for days, if not weeks, and the baby puke smell is going to be brutal.

Anyway, it's the weekend at last, and the last one before the last full week of school, if I can even call it that because only the first three days are full days. Then the high school has finals and the rest have half days. Megan finishes her lifeguarding class on Thursday, so she may end up certified, but who knows - the guy is kind of a fool, keeps them way longer than the other teacher on the other night, and told them that he won't hesitate to fail half the class, although she doesn't think that was directed towards her group. So we'll see. The class is supposed to be about 32 hours long, hers will end up being close to 40. The Wednesday class always ended earlier in the evening, and their sessions ended a full week sooner. And to think I originally had her in that one, but switched her because of her swim schedule!

In other news, the wake was really sad, and I still don't really know how the poor guy died, but I am sure it was heart/stroke related. It was obviously very sudden and nobody really asked the distraught daughter when she called with the news. The baby birds have indeed flown the nest, but I think I see some wrens feeding their babies across the yard. I had really wanted to see the babies leave, but they did it while I was at work on Thursday. By the time I got home, the house was silent.

No comments: