Saturday, June 27, 2009

the final farewell

or at least, for now. E's room looks like it still has someone living in it. There's trash, there is a suitcase, there are boxes, beauty products, clothing and shoes. The things she plans to get in August (which I asked that she pack up and put in the basement) are still around. She forgot to empty a drawer full of clothing. I'll spend some time in there later on trying to get it organized. Brian says he wants to move in there now. They all liked the room so much when I first fixed it up for E that Brian staked his claim to it as soon as it became available.

Anyway, she was out till 1am the night before, and then met up with her friends again at 9:30 the next day. She came in at noon and packed up a few more things. I gave her a poster I had made for her with a photo collage, and she gave us a scrapbook of photos from the year with a nice note on the cover. Then we packed her things into the car and off we went. She had an overage charge on her one suitcase, of course, and Kevin gave her some miles to upgrade to a better seat. Her flight was slightly delayed due to thunderstorms, but she ended up getting off the ground within a few minutes of the scheduled time anyway. She should be back at home in a short while; they were hanging around to meet her father's flight from Chicago.

So we embark on life as we used to know it. Megan is off to the pool club for a swim meet, Brian is going to volunteer at the soup kitchen, and Kevin has gone to pick up the Doll from the hospital. Her doctor called here last night and told Kevin he really had no reason to keep her there but that she didn't seem ready to go. Then Kevin explained that she lives alone and won't stay with us because of the pets, so the doctor said he would find a way to keep her one more night. This morning when she called she said she had a torn ligament. Probably what he said to keep her there and now she will throw it around as her official diagnosis. This should be a fun weekend. He took Baxter with him. Thank God. That dog is good, but he is a pain in the neck and I am sorry to say the ugliest thing I have ever seen! :-O

And in other news, Megan and I went to see My Sister's Keeper last night. It was a tear-jerker, and I could have done without seeing it. I read the book, and the movie is different. But it was OK. On the way there we got caught in that wild and crazy storm. I was hit in the windshield by a flying tree branch that came from out of the swirling nothingness while I was driving to the movies. It smashed so hard that I thought the windshield would shatter all over us. It didn't, but our nice glass table in the backyard did. And now I must run because the pom is crying, he probably needs to go out!

No comments: