Monday, June 29, 2009

first week

And so begins the first full week of summer. Brian has tennis camp this week and next, at the school where he will be going next year. He came home and told me that he needs a new racket and 'tennis shoes,' and then promptly made plans which are still keeping him out of the house at 9pm. He blames all misses on his racket being "too small." But he is enjoying it.

Megan has 'doubles' for swimming on Mondays this month, so she had to be at the pool at 5:45 am and again at 7:45 tonight. She also had a dermatologist appointment at 1:50 so that kind of blew the middle of the day. After that appointment I took her and got her a bathing suit for her beach swim team and then we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and I ate like a glutton until she said, "ew, let's go." (Note that she had had a frozen pizza already at home and I had eaten nothing but handfuls of honey roasted peanuts that showed up in the house last night while I was out)

The dog is starting to feel comfortable and as a result, the honeymoon phase of cuteness is ending and the demon dog moments are becoming more frequent. For example, who knew that a dog would be able to fit through a fence? So he just busts right through there whenever he gets bored of the backyard. Today I was calling him back, saying "he's a GOOD boy," while waving a pack of Pupperoni at him. That worked quite well but I'm afraid it taught him the wrong lesson! Then later on he escaped while Megan had him (they all think he only does it to me) and the boy across the street, who used to pick on Brian, got him. And Duke did us proud. He peed on the boy.

In other news, Brian is calling me now for a ride home from 'town,' so I will have to cut this short. First he begged for an extra hour and now he is asking me to come immediately. Which is fine with me, except at last the little dog has settled himself down and is asleep on the floor. More later.

No comments: