Monday, June 1, 2009

can't make this stuff up

Bruce tickets went on sale this morning, so I asked Kevin to try to get them for us. This will be the last concert ever at Giants Stadium, but we won't be there, as it was a failed quest. But we'll probably need the money anyway, to pay for the Explorer. IF we ever get it back.

To summarize where we stand so far, the car has been at Ford since last Thursday (a week and a half ago). First the diagnosis was a $450 sensor, then it was a $1000 repair job to the rear end. Finally, it morphed into an $1800 rear differential replacement, and Kevin had a hard time getting a return call.

So, to begin follow up this morning as I am nearing the end of my monthly allotted miles on the Honda, Kevin called for the guy he's been speaking with, the one who was going to get back to him. Only to be told he is no longer there, and neither is the guy who initially worked on the car. Just great. The plot thickens. Stay tuned.

Also, apparently there was some misinformation. Brian's friend's dad now allegedly has a stomach virus, and NOT swine flu. So there it is. Either a false alarm of swine flu or a smokescreen of 'stomach virus,' as with the NY Mets.

And then as if I didn't have enough to worry about with flying to Europe amidst killer virus swarms, now passenger jets are falling out of the sky over the ocean. More warm and fuzzy feelings about our upcoming trip! Those poor people. Kevin is particularly perturbed as he sings the praises of that Airbus, it's the same one that SAS uses.

And in other news, today was Brian's eighth grade trip. He had a decent time but not as much as you'd hope. For this reason I decided to forego the dinner dance that will cost us $45 per person. It's on the night of his graduation anyway, and E's last night with us. This way, we'll all go straight from graduation to dinner, and the Doll can come, too. I have to remind myself that many of the kids who will probably go are half the reason he's not going to the public high school, so why should I pay $145 for the three of us to rub shoulders with them for an evening? But now I must prepare dinner. Megan has swimming, E is at the beach, and I am tired from a day on my feet. I had first grade (amazingly well behaved!) in the morning, and third in the afternoon. Tomorrow I will have second and fourth, I guess. The fifth grades must not have to meet, as their students move out of the elementary school and don't have to be assigned into classes for next year. (disclaimer: post not proofread)

No comments: