Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday!

I can't believe it. Summer is over. The beach club is closed. The day was beautiful. I guess there were still a few more jellyfish than usual for this time of year, but overall it was a beautiful beach day.

I think we all had a nice last day at the beach, of course Brian had to cause a bit of scene when we told him we were leaving at 6:30 but we snapped him out of it pretty quickly. The beach had been ridiculously crowded when we arrived, so much so that they had to take our car and park it across the street at someone's house, the cars in the lot were double and triple parked. They brought it back in and it took me ten minutes to find it at the end of the day.

So we left around 7 and went for dinner at Windansea, a restaurant with beautiful views of Sandy Hook bay. We had a great table and some good company, and it was a great end for summer. Tomorrow I plan to introduce E to the daughter of a friend of mine, and then we're supposed to go down to the beach for a 'scavenger hunt' if Megan can pull it off. (well, I won't participate) and then we'll take Wednesday to get ready for the beginning of school.

In other news, I actually got a cleaning lady! Well, team. She starts this week (they start) on Thursday. My house should be clean for the weekend! Ater that, she will come every other week. Most thrilling news, that it is, that it is.

No comments: