Thursday, September 4, 2008

And They're Off...!

I don't actually know how this is going to go. I got the girls out of the house right around 7. Brian will be OK, because by the time all the hustle and bustle of their waking up is in full swing, he gets up and still has plenty of time. Having two girls who need to shower, fix their hair and primp will be challenging. Although perhaps as in the past, Megan will lose the drive to fix her hair and primp, possibly before next week is out. She took her shower last night, too, so today wasn't too bad. It just got a little crowded by the bathroom sink at one point.

Tomorrow will be tougher, because their bus will probably come much earlier. That's what it did last year. I suppose it isn't a big deal for me to just drive them, and drop them off early at school for now. My problems will start when I also want to use the showers in the morning for work and don't want to take the time to drive them to the bus, which is a five minute walk away. I don't want to get E used to the luxury of leaving at 7 when some days she might need to be ready to go at 6:40. 7 is already an hour earlier than she had been used to at home. She said she had a hard time falling asleep last night. This has been a long anticipated day for her.

Brian always has trouble falling asleep on the night before school starts, but then he's wiped out by Friday night. It's a good thing our school starts on Thursday. You can't get too tired out in just two days, and then you're more ready for the first full week.

I took my shower before dropping Brian at the bus, thinking I didn't want to leave the new cleaning people (turns out to be one girl) alone. But now I am just waiting for things to open so I can go out and do things. I'm holed up in the basement with Molly, so as not to be in the way. I ironed Megan's shorts that were down here, but there isn't much else I can do, unless I scour the bathroom and kitchen down here, and vacuum and dust. But I'm trying to be quiet! At least I have the laptop, but I'm growing quickly bored of this as well.

In other news, Hanna seems still willing to spare us Sunday, which is good if it comes true. I have to run and do some party shopping today at Costco, and I have to plan for seating for about 40 people!! If the weather is bad I'll have to buy some pictionary paper or something!! :-D And I am beginning to worry myself about the MRI. I thought I was so smart, getting out of having it done over the summer! Now here I am in the beginning of the school year, having it hanging over my head. I was thinking today how things would be if we didn't follow up with the neurologist. We would probably only have annual follow-ups with the surgeon, and he would never order MRIs and would tell us every year how great Brian looked. Then I wonder, why didn't I go that route? And then I say, "oh yeah. Because this guy is thorough." I know I would panic either way. I suppose the more frequent MRIs are less stressful each time, but they bring more frequent bouts of stress.

No comments: