Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brown Spot: BEGONE

And it is! The brown spot that has plagued me all summer is not only gone, it is benign. I got the call today from the nurse at the dermatologist's office. Of course, after checking messages all day, I went out to pick up Megan and E at the mall, and called home to check again. Brian picked up on the second ring, so I assumed there had been no calls.

"Oh," he says. "No, the doctor called."

:-O ... he knows I have been waiting, but he was too ensconced in his XBox to call and let me know, or even to NOT pick up the phone so that I would get the message. I called a second time. "BEEEEEPPPP" The machine malfunctioned. I was broken out in a cold sweat before I finally managed to get through and get the message to play, and I heard that it was the voice of a woman, signifying a favorable result. The doctor had said that if it were bad, he would personally make the call.

During this time I was also listening to the radio, and they were discussing the meningitis vaccine, the same one that I just agonized over for Megan, and finally opted to take. Not only did that radio conversation reinforce my thinking that I did the right thing, it made me want to run Brian in, rather than wait another year or two for him, as I did for Megan. I wanted to make sure that he isn't at greater risk of a side effect, due to his 'events' of recent years.

And tomorrow is the last day of summer vacation. I plan to spend it at home, doing laundry and getting things ready for school. We have also hired a cleaning service, and they will come Thursday for the first time. I am so excited to have a clean house, and they'll do things like clean moldings and doors. I can hardly wait!

I took Megan and E to the mall so E could meet my friend's daughter, and I think it went well. Brian and I joined them all for lunch, but we came home sooner. My credit cards are up pretty high right now, so I have to wait until Friday to start charging again. Oh, and I have to take Molly to the vet for that growth on her paw. I hope it won't need to be surgically removed, but I fear that it might. It is on the same paw as the one that was removed back in February 2007. Poor old dog.

A few nights ago we were down at a restuarant by the beach and we saw some girls doing a photo scavenger hunt, so Megan and some others dreamed up the idea that they should have one as well. They have made up some teams, and they're meeting up there at 6:00 tonight. We'll see how this is going to go. I asked her if they were all dressing alike, and she went, "oh."

Guess not.

In other news, the mailbox manages to remain upright. The pool chemicals are normalizing after an attack by chlorine, at the misguided hand of Kevin. We need it to recover in time for a little BBQ we are having on Sunday night for some swimming families. We also need the approaching hurricane to move through on SATURDAY even if it does mean Big Brown will have to outrun a bunch of old nags under sloppy conditions. Oh, and I think Megan is trying to coordinate the like-dressing after all.

No comments: