Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happily HumDrum

Today marks four weeks since E's arrival. But who's counting anyway? ;-) After she missed a day of school with a bad cold on Tuesday, yesterday I was called up to the nurse to give her advil because she had a sinus headache. The nurse gave us the form, at the high school if you have permission from a doctor, they can give you free medications, such as advil, tylenol, etc! In middle school, I have to provide the medications as well as have the note signed by a doctor. E didn't understand why this was such a big deal, why she had to have a note. I told her because in America, we all sue each other.

Also of great interest to E is this whole debacle on Wall Street. Instead of a language, she has been placed in an Economics class, although she missed being there for the past two days, unfortunately. I would have really liked to have heard what an economics teacher would have done with the lessons. Hopefully just watched MSNBC!

Fortunately Kevin's bank is not American, nor are they an investment bank, although they do have a little 'trading floor'. However, I think, at least for now, they are immune to the woes of the American economy. Well, let's hope so.

I have not called the neurologist yet for the MRI results and I am trying to decide if I ever will. Of course, there is still the chance he might call me anyway, but I would imagine anything life threatening would have been brought to my attention by now. Of course, with chiari, there is not a life threatening change that comes on so quickly, more of life altering, and even then the progression is so slow that he might just wait for me to call him anyway. I do not like this! I would much rather live in ignorant bliss. Well, not really, but it is a lot less stressful.

Anyway, when I began this post, I was huddled in the basement with Molly while the new cleaning lady cleaned the floors. I went to the gym this morning, and then to Costco. Adding just one mouth in the household seems to really increase the amount of food we go through, or perhaps it's because we almost always eat at home now that school has started, instead of going out to eat every single night. Tonight, though, is Back to School night at the middle school, so I don't know how dinner will work with that. Maybe popcorn chicken and canned green beans, take it or leave it? Kevin will have to skip the BTS Night because Brian has swimming AND baseball in succession tonight; then he will be hungry and will have homework to do. And someone needs to drive him home.

So now the cleaning lady is gone. The house looks great. She was older than the one we got last time, and she did a better job. The last one cut corners, I could have done a better job myself and saved the money (haha, surely). In other news, two cats are sharing a perch at the window now that the house has gone silent. There is mass uncertainty when the cleaning ladies are here. Now I am waiting for the pool guys to come, today is the day they will close and cover the pool. They should be here in half an hour or so. On Saturday, Megan, E and I are going into NY to see an off-Broadway show called Altar Boyz and also to walk around Little Italy during the San Gennaro feast. I don't know if I have ever been, so it should be fun. However, I read my horoscope for Saturday and it said, "don't pay for someone else." Hm.

No comments: