Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Boredom in a Blog

I stalk some blogs. There it is. I confess. I find them through google's blog search function, and some I save in my favorites, others come up time and again on my google alert emails. I never identify myself as a stalker, but I continue to stalk nonetheless, I am curious to see how things will turn out. Most of the blogs can be fairly mundane, but they have some relevant experiences at times. The majority that I follow regularly have to do with chiari patients, so I don't count myself as a stalker in that case, rather a concerned compatriot.

This morning, as I was blog-stalking in procrastination, I discovered again what I have seen before: the world of the creative blog. For example, now that I have made my blog public again, I have to think about what I write. Such as not being able to call E by her real name, although I do identify myself and every member of my immediate family. So if someone were to stumble upon us and actually care, they would be able to figure out with minimal sleuthing just who we really are.

It made me think that I should really have names for us all: such as Professor X (that would be Brian with his XBox obsession) or King Homestead for Kevin. I would have to really give it some thought. But how would I ever remember those names, and my regular readers (all 2-3) would never be able to remember the cast of characters. Most of these couldn't be bothered to remember a password when the blog was briefly private!

Anyway, these have been my musings of the morning. It's like a whole Facebook blogworld out there, where people make friends through blogging and 'tag' each other and give each other 'awards'. I don't think I am really up for that aspect. But the creativity and a chuckle here and there might be nice.

So in other news, today is the last day of the summer break. I still plan to spend it at home, getting ready for the school days to come and for the cleaning service that will finally show up around 8am tomorrow. I don't know how I will occupy myself during this onslaught, but I'm sure I can find a way. Right now I think I had better go and wake the kids. They're in for a big shock tomorrow at 6am! The only one who has been setting an alarm so far has been E!

No comments: