Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday

Well, alas the party was a bit of a disappointment. Not that you'd be able to tell from the amount of time we spent there, but it was a bit of a drag. IWe sat around for a while, ate some good food (there was that) and then were split into two groups. The kids went in and we stayed out. That was about it.

We just came home and hung out, but I took Brian to a local fair so he could meet up with some boys and have a little fun after being subjected to the orientation. He had a good time, and today we're heading down to the beach for the second-to-last day. Unfortunately, the beach has lost some of its appeal for me as I am fighting this cursed melasma. Every time I feel the warmth of the summer sun I imagine my brown 'beard' darkening instantly. I have to slather on sunblock, wear a hat, and sit under the umbrella, and even that only helps a little. But for today and tomorrow, I'll take it. We go down late these days, and then stay later into the evening. The beach is so nice later in the day anyway.

In other news, Molly is chewing at her foot again and this time I noticed an ugly gray growth. Which may mean more vet bills. I hope it isn't like the one that cost me $600 to have removed a few years ago. That was horrible. She hated it. So did I. Not much else going on this weekend. Just getting ready for the big day on Thursday and then a week from today we are having a barbecue for the end of summer.

No comments: