Monday, August 18, 2008

Still Standing

Congratulations to our mailbox on making it through two whole days without being knocked over or torn out of the ground.

These last couple of days haven't been very exciting, sort of the calm before the storm, I guess we will say. We're still working on getting the house in order for the arrival of our temporary new family member, and this involves lots of cleaning! Megan went to see the Jonas Brothers on Saturday night, and then yesterday we all went to the beach. Megan ended up staying really late and getting a ride home, and Brian slept over at the house of a boy he met over the summer, and I was trying to get in touch with him and wasn't able to until after 11! He is still not home, but I think Kevin is picking him up soon.

Today I plan to straighten the house, as tomorrow is Megan's birthday, and then obviously there is the big arrival on Thursday. And I did get in touch with the school, they never returned my call, so I called back and got the secretary. She thanked me for calling back and made an appointment with us for the 26th to meet with the guidance counselor, who happens to be the swim team coach. Megan is extremely jealous. She has wanted to switch to this woman since swim season of last year.

I suppose the Doll continues to improve with her teeth, she did leave a message here wondering when she might be able to get together with Megan, but the problem was that there really is NOT going to be much time, now that E will be coming. This week is not too busy, but we only have the three more days as a family of four! So it will surely go quickly.

In other news, I just realized that I wanted to send E a link to the sports physical form for the school. I am afraid that nobody has told her that she may have to have a physical here, and she may have to pay for it herself, but she did say that she was going to the doctor this week, so maybe they will accept it from a Danish doctor. I don't know why they wouldn't.

No comments: