Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yawn!

Well, I am exhausted ... I don't know how E is keeping her eyes open!

Her plane ended up landing at 5:19, just 2 1/2 hours late. Megan and I went to the airport and Kevin and Brian went to stake out a spot at the concert, and good thing they did, because it ended up selling out and it was packed!

E cleared customs in record time, she was out in just about 40 minutes, and we rushed to the car and then I got lost. It worked out well though, I ended up on Route 1/9 and I bet I avoided some rush hour traffic on the Turnpike, because we hit it on the Parkway when I finally found it. Then we came to a grinding halt in concert traffic, and we would probaby still be in it, if not for the advice of a friend, who said bypass it, turn around, and get into PNC from the other direction. I wish that advice had come 30 minutes sooner!

Anyway, I parked the car in a ditch and we had a bit of a hike to the complex, but it wasn't too bad. We totally missed Cheap Trick because of the traffic, but we caught the end of the Heart, and they were pretty good. Just ask the 80,000 lesbians who came out of the woodwork to watch them! Journey was pretty good, but Heart may have been the best. I was just glad we got out of the parking lot with hardly any trouble. My ditch was located right next to the entrance to the parkway south.

In other news, tomorrow is our appointment with the guidance counselor, at 10am. I must get to bed now! Just wanted to throw out a quick update in case anyone was wondering.

No comments: