Saturday, August 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're here at last, back in the Land of Cats and Dog. Everyone survived, but Molly is still panting a lot, especially at night. I'm afraid to take her to the vet because I know it could mean, at minimum, a chest xray and blood work. I was worried because our pet sitter left a message, but it turned out she was just telling me that the roofer had shown up and started ripping off the roof! We were not expecting him, didn't know when he'd be coming, because we had asked him not to come during our Fresh Air week, and he just never called again. He did stick a giant sign on our lawn, though, about three weeks ago.

I guess it's better in a way - we missed out on two days of banging and flying debris, but today will be another big one.

So the week was fine, not really where you would choose to go on a vacation, but Silver Spring was an interesting place. There was a lot to do near the hotel, but they had only valet parking, so you had to tip the guy every time you wanted to take the car out, so we used that sparingly. And Megan swam OK, about how she would have been expected to swim with the amount of practice she has had this summer, and the pools she's been swimming in - half of them not even long course pools.

Brian had the two teeth pulled right before we left, and they have healed without incident. In two weeks, he goes back for the spacers in those two gaps. Starting next week, we have all of our doctor appointments. I'm taking them both to the dermatologist for various things, then we have the neurologist on the 11th and on the 12th the orthodontist. E arrives on the 21st, and Megan and Brian both have their check-ups on the 26th (happy birthday to Brian) and I have my dermatologist appointment on the 28th - if I can make it that long. I have been panicking over a small light mole on my cheek, because it sits on a bed of age-spot looking skin.

In other news, I heard from the guidance counselor regarding Brian's 504 plan for accommodations. He didn't really want to be bothered making any changes to it, but I don't really think three C's on a report card are a good sign, especially when they are there mainly due to lack of studying and failure to turn in assignments. So I want to see what else we can work out, or what we might be able to put in there. If I can't get any input from the doctor, I might seek out someone who specifically helps with these modifications, like a child psychologist or neuropsychologist. I'll talk to the pediatrician too, if I don't really make progress with the neurologist. He seemed happy enough to wait it out when we talked to him in February. But maybe we have waited long enough.

No comments: