Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cleaning House

So we have to get the house ready. Today we got a strong man to come over and help Kevin, and they got the giant desk from the second floor bedroom to the living room, where it probably should have been in the first place. The idea of having an office was nice, but in reality it became a clutter-filled, furry, never-vacuumed room with a giant desk and a card table, and a bunch of boxes in the closet. I think I now see what drove me to host an exchange student in the first place. It was the need to finish the unpacking we started two years ago!

Anyway, the desk really does look much better downstairs, and we moved the bookcase up because the modem and wireless router will need to stay in that room where the cable is connected. The next step is to separate the bunk into two separate beds, and then we just need to pick up a student desk and a chair for the desk in the living room. We're using the chairs from the kitchen table and they seem really comfortable, so maybe I'll just order one more of those.

Kevin was anxious to get to the beach (so was Megan) so we dropped everything around 1:30 and headed over. It was beautiful. The jellyfish seem to be gone, and the weather was perfect. A few biting flies blew in around 5:30, but that was about when we needed to be packing up anyway. On the way home we decided to have dinner at Carrabas, so we called the Doll, and she met us there. Always a pleasure; and way too much food. :X

But tomorrow I should face the added pleasure of the roofers' return. Megan has to work in the morning anyway, so if we were to go to the beach it would be late. It's going to be strange not having to take her to swim team practice at all. She won't have to go anywhere for two weeks or so, when he will start the dryland practices down by the ocean. I always enjoy those, just bring an ipod and take a walk along the boards.

In other news, still gearing up for those doctors appointments coming up over the next couple of weeks. I went to update my CarePage and I am so unhappy with what they have done to the site! They made some changes a few months ago, and I thought those were great. Now whatever they have done seems to be nothing but setbacks. It's a more unattractive welcome page, most of my favorite features don't work, and it isn't recording new visits to the page, so I can't even tell who's been following along. I posted a comment and several people have followed suit. Nobody seems to like it. I can't even imagine who in the world considered these to be improvements. I hope they change it back, or at least, fix it.

No comments: