Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One More Week!

Hard to believe, in just one week from tomorrow, E will arrive. I tried calling the school today, and the secretary never got back to me. She gave me a whole list of things I am supposed to provide, hard to believe I really need to do all of this, but then she never got back to me anyway, so I don't really know what that is all about but more of the nonsense this district puts people through. I have time. Eventually I will get an appointment, and we'll go in, probably the week after next, when Kevin goes back to work.

Brian has been off all summer from his piano lessons, but he had one today. A few minutes after the teacher left, the doorbell rang .. it was him. He had taken out our mailbox, but good, on his way out of the driveway. Sigh. So there is another job for Kevin, once he paints the bathroom, hangs the mirrors for E and Megan, and hangs the corkboard in the spare bedroom. Oh, and connects the phone or something in his mother's apartment. I don't really understand what that is all about. Anyway, that was our excitement for the day.

In other news, Megan had her beach practice and they had to go in the water. she said it was all full of jellyfish, but none stung her. Maybe that will help her get over her fear and do some more ocean swims! We stopped at Applebee's for some dinner on the way home. I always like to go there because they have my favorite wine and a weight watchers menu. Then everyone else orders horrible things, and I feel bad. I should really stipulate that we all MUST order light foods.

No comments: