Monday, August 4, 2008

Bang Bang Bang went the Roofers

Woof woof woof went the dog...ring ring ring went the telephone ... as Kevin called repeatedly asking what was going on.

Anyway, as it turns out, the local roofer who is so reliable that he personally shows up every day at every job has yet to turn up at our house. Not only that, but the guys that he does have working, although they may be doing a fine job, speak so little English that I think they barely understood me when I said, "hi."

So I guess they are not quite done. Megan had to work at the school today, and I spent the day getting things out of that spare bedroom. What a mess! I can't believe we ever even moved here with some of that stuff, let alone held onto it for two years. However, I have had some good finds, such as an Easter card from days gone by, handmade by Megan, which included several coupons. I have used two of them already! A free dog walk and a loading of the dishwasher! And there are all sorts of things left for me to cash in on! (uh oh .. Kevin says the dishwashing job was under standard...)

Another good find was a letter to Megan from her grandfather (Koke). I guess she must have been not feeling well. I'm going to repost that as a different blog entry in a minute.

We are really loving having the computer desk in the living room. It is such an improvement! And I can't wait until the guest room is set up as a guest room for E - although she prefers not to think of it as a guest room. She says that she will be living in it for a year, so she would like to make it "her room" for that year. So I am just putting the basics in it, and I'll let her add her own touch.

In other news, Brian is going to swim team tryouts at the Y tomorrow. He understands now that he needs to find a way to strengthen his upper body, and there is just no way I'm letting him lift any weights with his chiari and syrinx. Swimming is the perfect all-over conditioning, plus he needs to build up endurance. I just hope they can manage the pool this year. They will have a new aquatics director, and the last time that happened, the pool just fell apart. I remember one time they roped off the deep end of the pool and held classes only in the shallow end because the water was so murky they were afraid they'd lost some swimmers. That just didn't seem right to me.

(disclaimer: post not proofread)

No comments: