Thursday, August 21, 2008

And She's ... Delayed

So far, the plane has not taken off. This is the worst day so far! Even the day that the plane was late, it took off an hour and a half late. Even yesterday it did that and was still relatively on time. I can't imagine why, the plane was on time to Denmark last night, maybe a little delayed, but that seems to have been its way. But this morning, I woke up and checked, at 7:30 our time, so 1:30pm their time. According to the SAS website, the plane is not going to take off for two more hours!!!

So, such is my punishment for risking the concert tickets. Another flight tracking site says it will take off at 2:15, which is in half an hour. So I'll go out and water the shrubs and just hope that by the time I get back in, she will at least be airborne. I guess technically we really only need to get to the concert by 7, I don't think they close the gates if you're late, but ... grr!! Now I have to see if we send someone to the concert, like Kevin and Brian, to hold us a pretty good spot on the lawn, or if we just take the chance and all of us show up late. I guess we'll wait to see what the actual arrival time will be. As of now, SAS estimates 3:44.

Kevin is checking the airport information, and the other flight that leaves at the same time (for DC) left on time. So, what is the problem? I'd be a wreck being on that flight, in light of the recent airliner news out of Spain. The plane that was involved in that crash was actually owned by SAS, according to Kevin.

I hope E is not totally exhausted and unable to make it to the concert! We'd have to give the tickets away in the parking lot. :-O

Anyway, in other news, I still have not totally cleaned the house, but as I expected I would do, I convinced myself that it's best to get it presentable, but not spotless, so she knows what she's in for right from the start. I also need to make some phone calls, to try to line up some housecleaners for the school year. I can't let it go as I like to do, if I have someone else living in the house! I spent yesterday taking Megan to a store that someone had given her a gift card to, and she roamed around for 45 minutes, unable to find anything, all the while texting people who were sending her their schedules for school. We had to rush home after that so she could see hers. She was happy with it, or as happy as one can be when one has geometry, pre-calc and chemistry every day. Afterwards I went to the doctor because I messed with a small bump behind my ear and it grew to three times its size. I self-diagnosed it as a sebaceous cyst that needed antibiotics and the doctor took one look at it, and gave me some. On the drive home, I got a migraine in the car wash.

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: