Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it's been a while; time to resurrect the blog! Much has happened, perhaps not much noteworthy, but I'll try to sum it up here.

1) Back to school - it's been busy - the high school girls have hit the ground running with school, sports and homework. Megan's high school swim season is kicking up, she had a meet yesterday but it was a really easy one and she has two next week, I believe. The toughest ones are yet to come, but her team is now 4-0. She didn't go to one of the four, though. E is enjoying her basketball a bit more, although it's taking her away from her schoolwork much more than she would like.

2) Brian got a letter from one school that he had applied to, and he has been wait-listed. I'm not too sure what this means - apparently the Doll believed that all he had to do was pass the test, and he would be in. But she also told this guy (her contact from the inside) that if Brian can't use a laptop, he can't go to the school. So I just don't know. For now I am going to return the letter and ask them to yes, please keep him on the wait list. We should hear from the other two schools within 2-3 weeks.

3) I have been working, so far, for the past two days. Tomorrow I have lunch plans and Brian has physical therapy. He got sick over the break so he only went to one or two sessions, and is quite behind. I doubt if he's been doing his home follow-up like he should have been.

4) Rusty. I made the mistake of putting my jacket on the couch when I got home today. Rusty has made it his latest resting spot, and he's curled up in it, sound asleep. I don't have the heart to out the coat away!

Anyway, in other news, Kevin and Brian went to the Devils game the other night and had a great time. Brian wants to go again, apparently he enjoyed the hand to hand combat. Molly had blood all over her head the other day from one of her disgusting head tumors, but I didn't have time to take her to the vet so she seems to have recovered on her own. I have to take her anyway soon, as she, Puff, and Rusty all need their rabies vaccines. Otherwise, nothing noteworthy aside from the hustle and bustle of the holiday ending. Probably most of my readers attended most of my holiday exploits, which is pretty much the reason for the delay in the blog updates!

No comments: