Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Night

The weekend is already over! It went by in a blur, as expected. Yesterday was slightly different from our initial plan as Brian's sickness is in full swing - he was coughing and sniffling pretty badly so we decided to keep him out of the swim meet. It turned out not to be a distance meet - that's next weekend - but nonetheless not a good place for him to be. He did go to PT in the morning, got a hair cut, then worked on his school project for a couple of hours. He went to his church function late, at 6:30, and we picked him up just before midnight. He just had a cough and cold at the time, but he woke up this morning and had a fever, so he wasn't able to do the meet today either.

Megan, on the other hand, did go to today's meet, and it was a long one! I finally ended up leaving because I was worried that it would end too late for us to have a normal dinner, plus Brian and E were here at home. So I missed her last event (the 50 free) which of course turned out to be the one she actually won. :p (Many swimmers had left already by this time!) But I came home and had a full dinner nearly ready by the time Megan and Kevin got home, so it worked out better for everybody. And I was able to chase Brian off the x-box, which was a bonus.

The visit to the vet proved relatively uneventful - the worst thing that happened from my perspective (the pets may not agree) was that Rusty screamed the whole way there in the car. But his gums, which had been a mess when we got him, are now healthy and clean, as is the whole cat. Puff looked great,although she is a tiny little thing, weighing in at less than seven pounds. Rusty was nine. Molly did fine, her gross bumps and lumps didn't concern the vet at all. And now they are all vax'd against rabies, the cats for one year and the dog, perhaps for the rest of her ::sob:: life, or three years - whichever comes first.

I was going to call the sub caller but decided not to since Brian was so sick. But she called me, and early in the evening! So I am working this week Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, and if she gets any AM jobs Wednesday and Thursday, she will call me then. I plan to go to Megan's meet on Wednesday, although I would rather miss it, as would she! It's the meet where she has to meet up with her biggest adversary, the one with whom she 'traded wins' at the county meet last weekend. I assume they will race again in the same two events. I don't doubt that Megan can beat her, but she has to believe she can, and sometimes she seems like she isn't so sure. On Thursday I have to drive her to the Y by 3:20, so I can't work until 3:15. Brian also has PT again that day.

I had to have Kevin call the Doll, though, because it's not looking likely that Brian will go to school, so I'll have to leave him at home. Of course, he is fine with just a cold and cough, but just in case anything were to progress, I need to know that someone can come and tend to him, or take him to the doctor if need be. So she is on call, and she was thrilled to hear about his acceptance to the high school.

In other news, I attempted, for the second time, to order a wii fit. I placed the order and received a confirmation, but didn't get anything further. I guess tomorrow I'll see if they send me any news on the status. The last time I tried to order one, they said they were getting them in in two weeks, and that was close to a year ago. Every once in a while, I still get emails from then, saying that it's on backorder and will ship as soon as they get it in. I've heard good things about it, and I can use it along with my exercise bike to try to get into shape at home. Which reminds me, the bike and I are tied: Bike 1, Me 1 in terms of our battles. It got me the first time, but I managed to make it for 20 minutes the next. We're due for a tie-breaker this week.

No comments: