Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monday Night Swimming

And just like that, the streak is broken. We were off to a good start, winning the first relay and then all of the individual races before the 15 minute break that they get in place of a diving competition in high school swimming. The girls were tied up at that point. But it went downhill from there. Starting with the 100 butterfly, we began to not win, and then we lost the second two relays as well. In Megan's relay, she tried to be a hero, coming from a couple of body lengths behind, and it looked like she was going to do it, enough to get everyone screaming and yelling, but alas, it was not enough. That one race wasn't enough to save the meet anyway, but it would have been fun. The problem is that although Megan and her two Y teammates can usually win their individual events, the other swimmers get 5th and 6th. And 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishers score more points than 1st and 5th combined. There are no points for 6th.

This meet was ridiculous, though, being held at 9pm in Wall Township, half an hour away. We didn't get home till after 11, and it's hard to recover from a Monday night like that. Their next meet is on Thursday, but it starts at 2:30, so they'll have to miss last period, which is, unfortunately, chemistry. Then on Sunday, they have their county meet, the one where Megan won Swimmer of the Meet and her two events last year. So she'll have to defend this year, which isn't fun, as I have said.

I have to work this morning and then the hectic driving around begins again. And now E has come down and asked if I will read over her paper that she wrote last night. I'm pretty sure it wasn't assigned yesterday, but that is when she wrote it. and right now, I need to be making lunches and showering for my half day of life.

In other news, Molly's head bump is still bleeding, so I need to get her to the vet soon. I am looking forward to a Monday off from school, and today is supposed to be the 'mildest day of the week'. But I hear the printer going now, so I'd better finish this up so I can read this quickly. I can't afford much time; I only budgeted seven more minutes downstairs this morning! (disclaimer: post not proofread!)

No comments: