Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!

How exciting!! No school today :-) :-) I was really hoping for this, I even went so far as to wear my pajamas inside out and backwards, as the kids recommend. I wasn't optimistic, because the accumulation totals have been downgraded, but Kevin woke me up this morning and said the radio station's website said there was a delayed opening, but the township site wasn't updated at all.

This just couldn't come at a better time. Megan was supposed to have a meet today, where she would have had to race the girl who flip-flopped wins with her at counties. This was only part of the problem, though, because the meet was scheduled for 2:30 PM, and her bus was scheduled to leave school at 12:45! Her last class is chemistry and today there happened to be a double period, which the teacher was going to use for midterm review. Of course, that probably won't ever happen now, but at least the whole class misses it now, and they're all on equal terms. I was planning to pick her up later anyway and drive her to the meet, but that brings me to my other problem:

I am sick! I have a fever and I sweat at night, and my head hurts and I cough. I had to work Monday and Tuesday, I came home Monday and went straight to bed. Yesterday I felt better but still not great. I have a cough. I went to bed without taking advil and woke up with a headache and little fever at 2am. This is obviously thanks to Brian and his generosity with sharing germs.

So Brian was getting so sick that I finally took him to the doctor and she gave him an antibiotic for a sinus infection. He actually slept so well last night that I had to go in twice to make sure he was still alive. So hopefully this medicine is going to work quickly. He did still cough, but it wasn't constantly and ALL NIGHT long like it had been the night before.

Anyway, I checked the site for the other school first, and found that they were closed, so I was even happy with that. That meant that Megan got her review because they couldn't have the meet if the other school was closed. But then I went back to our site and it was finally updated with the news that the schools are closed. They must have initially called for a delay, then reconsidered. The total closure is best for Brian; he needs one more day at home without missing any more work.

In other news, my wii fit has supposedly shipped! Also very exciting. And Kevin is about to embark on a journey to Philadelphia and can't decide the best way to get there in these weather conditions (he was going to drive to some station but now things he should just take the train into NY and then back down). That's about it. Really the big news is this perfectly timed snow day :-)

No comments: