Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekend Preview

This is going to be one of those weekends where I feel like I am running in a hamster wheel the whole time. This morning, Brian has physical therapy, E has a haircut, then a basketball game, and Molly and the two baby cats have to go to the vet. I'm not sure how I am going to juggle all of this, but at least Kevin is home. I guess I'll send him on the PT and hair runs, and I'll take the pets. Later, Brian has a swim meet half an hour away, which I am not sure how this will go for him because I'm pretty sure the races will all be long distance events. He wants to be back by 4 for a church 'lock-in'; although he can't be locked in, because he has to get up tomorrow and go to another swim meet, which Megan also needs to attend. And Megan and E are both going to different parties tonight. So there will be running around all day.

My main concern at this very moment is Puff. She has been out and about, but that is subject to change especially when people (Kevin) wake up and start walking around the house. When I made her appointment, I explained that I have to (a) see her and (b) catch her in order to put her in a carrier for the journey. So I'm about to set off on that challenge.

Otherwise, Brian's contact lens issue seemed to have been dryness. Wearing the glasses for a couple of days did help, and he wore the contacts yesterday and although they started out ok, by the end of the day they were a bit fuzzy again. His rewetting drops were expired, so I'll get him some new ones and hope that does the trick.

I guess there isn't a whole lot else going on. In other news, registration for Brian's high school is complete. It turns out he knows about 8 or 10 kids who are also going from his school alone, and a couple that he knows from the swim team. I bought him a t-shirt and they gave away gym bags with the school name on them. At the end of the summer, he'll have a whole bunch of activities to get acclimated before the workload sets in. He was asking to take Spanish 1 just so he could have one easy class. I am actually considering it, but I already signed him up to take the placement test. He's already had two years of Spanish, so Spanish 2 shouldn't be too difficult for him. Spanish 3 is out of the question for him. Megan is in the process of choosing her classes for next year. She can't decide which science to take - AP Biology or Honors Physics. She's terrified of physics for some reason, even more so than chemistry, and thinks that AP Biology would be a better choice! The graduation requirements are biology, chemistry, and one year of lab science. Some kids double up and take the physics and the AP biology or chemistry during their junior year. But she needs an elective, since she didn't have one this year.

No comments: