Thursday, January 29, 2009

Triage Report

Well, the hospital is in business. We are slowly recovering, Brian has been taking his antibiotic since Tuesday night and is now able to sleep without coughing; although of course he has to complain about the taste of the liquid biaxin (he won't swallow small pills, let alone a giant antibiotic) but I disregard that complaint. However, having taken biaxin myself, I know that it brings with it a terrible aftertaste that really stays with you throughout the entire day, wearing off just in time for the next dose.

My own fever raged yesterday afternoon up to 101.1. I can't even remember having a fever like that in recent years. My face, eyes, and lips were on fire, but I was cold. I took advil but it took hours to work, so I have decided to just be on round-the-clock advil. I am also still having terrible night sweats. I wonder if I'm losing any weight through all of this?!

Kevin complains of a cold now, but the girls seem to be holding their own ::knock wood::. I recommended airborne to anyone who wants extra help avoiding this awful thing, and Megan has been taking it. She has a meet tomorrow, the makeup meet for the one on Wednesday, but I probably won't be able to go, because I am working all day. I considered calling out sick, but I think as long as I take advil I will be OK. And since I paid some bills today, I see I can use the money.

February is going to be a difficult month for me to work, because we have appointments, including the neurologist, so I'll have to take off at least half days then. So I hate to give up a day that I already booked. I sort of hope they cancel the afternoon meetings, or notice that I'm sick and let me go home; but I have to be prepared for that not to happen.

The high school midterms start tomorrow, which causes me all sorts of carpooling confusion with E and her various different obligations. It's a pain that our school doesn't offer a 'late bus' for those who have stayed after for clubs and meetings, but even if they did, it would probably not run during midterms anyway.

So that is the news on our health. I haven't accomplished much else as the fever has been making me unproductive. But in other news - the big news - the wii fit arrived! I didn't want to do it last night, but everyone else had a go. It seems like fun, they all liked it. As soon as the pressure inside my head subsides and I feel like maybe I can actually see straight and stand up without swaying, I'll give it a try. Argh. American Idol is on. I'd better get out of here. I plan to go to bed at 9 tonight.

No comments: