Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pinky Woes

Well, Megan's finger is injured. Some time last week she came home, saying she had been kicked in the little finger by a finned foot. Her little finger was all black and blue, and someone had taped it to the one next to it. She insisted it was not broken, because she could move it, and said it was jammed and had been cared for. So I never called the doctor.

Now here we are and it looks sort of like a tree branch, or a little twig. It comes up, goes out, and then comes back to the center again. It still hurts. It's white from being taped all the time. It is, of course, her left hand, the one she uses to write. So now I don't know what to do. At this point, it's set the way it is. Will it straighten out on its own? I don't know. I guess I'll have to have it checked out.

And so Kevin is somewhere across the Great Blue Sea. Last I heard he was in Copenhagen, but he was waiting for a flight to Oslo, and that was 7 hours ago. I guess those are long flights. I am off to a morning of covering for child study meetings, hopefully some well scheduled ones. There is no day more wasted than one in which I have to work all morning for one meeting. I end up having to roam the school in search of work to keep me busy.

The alarm at the house across the street continues to go off sporadically, but the authorities seem to understand now that it is malfunctioning, and it's been confirmed that the homeowners are on vacation. As long as those firetrucks don't keep pulling up at 7am and midnight, I won't complain. I can't hear the alarm unless I am out in the back of the house.

I guess things are a little boring at the moment, or all that I would care to pen in cyberspace, at least. This weekend we'll have a couple of swim meets and that's it. Next weekend is a big meet for Megan, at Princeton, but not one of the biggest of the year. That's in December at Rutgers. Then we have the high school meets in January and February, and Nationals in April. Look at the year flying by.

In other news, E has decided she should cut her hair short and dye it. This is to take place on Friday, so let's see if she keeps up the nerve that long. We had our monthly check-in with the agency rep, and she told me that she's having a little gathering of all the students in December. So that should provide us with some entertainment. As far as that goes, I am still trying to find the balance between what's right and wrong as far as freedom goes where she is concerned. Some of the places she wants to go are not places that Megan would ever go, and they are certainly places I would never LET Brian go. So I find myself in a difficult spot. But that's all I can say on that topic in this venue. (Disclaimer: clock strikes 8. Post not proofread)

No comments: