Friday, October 10, 2008

Big Weekend Begins

And I worked today. The new caller called and tried to send me to some random school for the whole day, so I lied and said I had to pick my kids up at school and it was too far away. So she sent me to another one for the morning instead, equally far, but at least I like the school. It's the same one where I did the half day stint last Friday afternoon.

(Incidentally, the upstairs bedroom is creaking, so if this post is suddenly cut short, please release this information to the proper authorities. Maybe it is the wind or a dog or cat, but just in case, thought I'd mention it)

Anyway, back to the day. I was floating for meetings again and I found that most of my day was spent in a classroom with a para whom I know very well, so it was a good day. I also sat through two shows of the 'space bubble' or whatever they call it, star dome, I don't remember. It's an inflatable planetarium with a funny guy doing a running monologue with a brief overview of all the planets, several stars and constellations, and finally an overview of the night sky. Very fun.

Brian is recovered from his mystery ailment and has returned to school. I was mistaken about the progress reports, however, they will be issued, I believe, NEXT Tuesday. So, stay tuned. Otherwise, here is the weekend: tonight: flexible, except for Megan, who of course has swimming. Saturday: Brian has baseball and then there's a big swim meet at the Y for the whole team, where they split them into two and have them race each other to evaluate them all for spots on the dual meet teams. I'm pretty sure we'll be Girls A and Boys B, but at this point, it doesn't mean much which dual team Megan is on. It's all about the big meets at this point in her swimming life.

On Sunday, we are participating in the bike ride to raise funds for pediatric brain cancer research, held down at Sandy Hook. We did this last year and it was very fun. E is supposed to be doing it with us, but she only cost an extra $5 and as she seems less than thrilled, I will certainly offer her the right to back out. We have to borrow her a bike, if she is going to do it.

Meanwhile, Megan is supposed to acolyte at church at the same time, and I am trying to find someone to switch with her. It's one of those Murphy's Law things - nobody will be able to switch with her, but last time she came to church to work her PAID job in the nursery, they pulled her out of the nursery and put her on the altar, and gave a younger girl the nursery job instead. Maybe .. it is ..GOD'S WILL?!?! Anyway, she won't be going. If I have to call them and just flat out say, she can't go - that is what I will have to do.

But now my laptop battery is dying, a sure signal that I must get up and be productive. In other news, the dog stinks, our mutual funds are in the gutter, and college is two years away. Today I considered moving to one of those states, like Florida or North Carolina, where the tuition is so much lower for in-state residents. I'm sure I could get a little residence there for a year or so ahead of time, just so she could go to college there for less money. Or do you actually have to attend school while you allegedly live there? Hmm. Why does it matter, anyway? Phht.

No comments: