Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Molly Has Fun

Today was one of those days marked by internal conflict, when I had a long talk with myself about whether or not I should go to the Y first thing this morning, or use the time doing chores and errands. Myself won out over my other self, and I did go to the Y. On the way home, I got a call from a friend who was going for a walk at one of the local parks, asking if I wanted to come along. I said I would, and initially planned not to bring Molly; but she had been so fond of park walks in her youth that it didn't seem right to leave her behind, so along she came, and she had the time of her life.

After our walk, we stopped at the dog park. Isn't it funny how dogs gravitate towards others of their own breed? How do they even know what they look like? Anyway, here are some pictures of Molly and her new friends, and the tall goofy one is, of course, Max, our walking buddy. He is a ::cough cough:: labradoodle. Hehe.

Otherwise, I continue to be unemployed. I must not really mind so much because I forgot to call personnel for the phone number of the sub caller until after 4, when it was too late. I don't really want to work tomorrow anyway, I have the cleaning lady coming (I hope!) and I have plans to meet a friend for lunch. I'll make sure I remember to call them tomorrow, and maybe get a job for Friday. Hah.
In other news, Kevin has been there and back to Ohio, and is finally in New York today, although it won't be long before he heads off to Finland. E continues to settle in and all seems to be going well; school offers its occasional challenge, she has had to adjust to changing classes and all of the different teachers assigning so much work (again, who says American schools are so lax?) but she has the ability to handle it all, once it all clicks in she should do fine. Megan is off from swimming today, so they're downstairs playing pool. I am about to go back to the Y to watch Brian swim a little, and to order their team apparel amidst great chaos (the reason I came home during practice today, as a matter of fact ... also because I left my AMEX in my pants pocket last week, so Kevin cancelled it, and the new one just arrived, but was at home, so I had to come and get it so I can pay for said clothes.

1 comment:

Never home said...

Molly, you forgot me :( Teddy Bear