Friday, December 11, 2009

day one so far

Well, I guess the cold had not been too much of a killjoy after all. We are back from the morning session of the swim meet, after scratching the 1000 (thank goodness) due to good performance in the 200. We'll be back to watch finals tonight, and seeded #6. That means that the worst position she can secure will be 8th place in the meet. And the time was a best time, by nearly half a second, taken off of the LZR-wearing-fully tapered-not sick time from Nationals in April. So that was a good thing.

Anyway, now we're home and the dogs are happy - Megan will have some sleep for a while and we have to be back there at 5:30. I thought of getting a hotel room but really it takes about 15 minutes to drive to the hotel anyway and then we'd have to check in and then find some dinner, and by the time we get unpacked and situated, we might just as well have driven home to save the 15 or so minutes tomorrow morning. Tomorrow she has the 500 bright and early and after that (I think) the 100 back. Then her best events will be behind her, although she does fairly well in the 100 free, which is Sunday. But she said she is seeded 40th (she was 18th in the 200 though, and is now 6th, so you never know.) On Sunday she also has the 200 back and (I think) the 1650, also known as "the mile." Ack.

In other news, Brian has a school dance tonight so we have to figure out how we're going to work that if we both go up to watch finals. I think the dance is from 7 till 10 so I did have someone offer to drive him both ways. I had asked if she could bring him home but the more I think about it, the more I think he will need a ride there and not home. We should easily be home by 10. Tomorrow Kevin will take Megan to her meet and I'll stay home with Brian, and probably get some decorations up as well. we had our tree cut down last Sunday and it's just been sitting in water in the garage. Oh, and I just had myself a nice drink of water. It tasted funny the whole time, and then I realized why: the dishes in the dishwasher were dirty! So I took out, and used, one of Megan's juice glasses!!! :-( I think I feel a tickle in my throat ...

Oh yeah, and in other good news: I don't think I mentioned that I finally gave up on searching for the missing phone and bought a new one. Well, I discovered yesterday that with my new phone, I can actually search for sub jobs from anywhere that I am! That is big excitement.

No comments: