Wednesday, September 9, 2009

weighting to go to school

Holy cow! I thought the middle school backpacks were heavy. This was ridiculous! Brian didn't want to struggle with covering the textbooks he was given at school, so he brought them all home. Meanwhile, two of the ones I ordered showed up with yesterday's mail, so he had to take those two back, basically he brought them home for nothing, just to cover them because he doesn't know how to stretch the book sox around them. Megan was home when suddenly we heard a tapping, the sound of something gently rapping, rapping at our chamber door. So when I opened it, I found Brian, surrounded by a pile of huge heavy books, and a backpack full of more of the same.

Also, we had to go to Staples to get the notebooks and folders, which also had to be added to the load for transport back today. Some can't be helped, like the biology lab manual and workbooks (but some don't have to go every day), but the ones that I was able to get duplicates for can stay in school, and wouldn't it be nice if the teachers would allow him to keep the spare copies in the classrooms? I am trying to work up the nerve to ask. This morning, I made him carry four textbooks in a separate grocery bag, the reusable kind, and the rest of his things were in his backpack. He doesn't even have space for his laptop yet. Hopefully once he gets these all straightened out, he will be able to tote less of a load back and forth.

Today it is not such a nice day. I have plans to have lunch with a friend, and I went out for a walk this morning, then came and took the two dogs. It's so annoying to walk them both together, because they really are incompatible types of dogs, the one in his little prancey harness with his short leash, and the other big clunky deaf one with her longer lead and lumbering stride. Of course, they both decide it's time to do their business in the same place at the same time, and then they just get all wrapped up and confused, with the one in front starting to slow down and the one in back bumping into the other's butt and distracting him/her. Finally, it all works out and we make it home, invariably, but everyone is always exhausted afterwards.

In other news, I finally took the leap and listed my seven Phillies tickets on craigslist. I was so nervous to do it, because I always assume that anyone who is reading my ad is actually out to kill, maim, or just steal whatever they can get their hands on. But I did it, so they're up there. I guess I don't HAVE to sell them if it sounds suspicious, I can always say they're already gone, or just decide to use them myself after all. And I wonder what happens if I sell them, and then it rains again? Does that ever happen? Then the new makeup would probably be at a perfectly convenient time for me, but not for the purchaser. Anyway, enough of that. Stay tuned.

No comments: