Saturday, September 19, 2009

improving conditions

So the days following that Wednesday have been a little better. For one thing, no word from the neurologist, and I don't think I have to worry about him calling on the weekend, so for now I can ignore it. I might actually just call next week and get it over with, because since he didn't know that we were even going on that day, he may not be aware that the test was done, so I can't really comfort myself with the old, "he would have called by now." Surely he would if it were something dire, but the likelihood of that with annual MRIs is pretty low. I hope. Knock wood. Fingers crossed.

So the two past days have been spent more or less doing the bidding of the Doll, as she recovers. On Thursday I just went over and walked Baxter, but yesterday I took her to the surgeon for him to have a look at her scary looking incision, but he said that was what it was supposed to look likt, and that the pacemaker was working perfectly. Its battery has a life of eight years left. So we said to him, "see you in eight years," as we left with instructions to follow up with the cardiologist for lightheadedness and headache, possibly caused by medications.

Megan finished her first full week of swimming, coming through with no more than a slight sniffle, which she passed along to Brian. He'll start his swimming next week. Meanwhile, he has made it through another week of high school, having gotten just a couple of grades back and so far, fairly respectable. I like this school because there are real consequences for not doing homework, like you have to carry around the garbage cans in the lunchroom in front of everyone else. This might also happen if you are improperly dressed, such as when Brian forgot to wear a belt (but didn't get caught!)

Otherwise, things are a bit slow as I continue to wait for jobs to be posted on this sub system. I don't know how it will work, but I haven't seen a single one, not even one at which I'd turn up my nose. So are others just online at the right time, or am I not getting them posted on my ID? I can only give it another few weeks, because I really do need to get some inflows to offset at least SOME of the outflows associated with my life.

In other news, Kevin is just home from his doctor's appointment, where he will have learned the news about his most recent thyroid and cholesterol levels. Right now he is trying to get in the door, and Wilbur is yapping at him! He just walked in with his blood test results, claiming that the doctor wants to frame them and put them up on his wall. Hmm.

No comments: