Wednesday, September 16, 2009

two dogs again

It's been an eventful few days. The Doll spent an extra night in the hospital because she was still feeling lightheaded, but I think mostly she is just afraid to go and be home alone. I took Baxter back to her house yesterday and then picked her up and brought her there for their reunion. As of last night, she was still lightheaded but otherwise well. Even though she says she is lightheaded, her color is good, which sort of says to me that she can't be *that* dizzy. I told her I'd walk Baxter today and then drive her to the hair salon, but now it's raining. I hate to call her because I don't know what kind of night she had so I'll wait till 11 or so and see if she calls me first. I had planned to take a good walk this morning, but then the skies opened up, just as I was about to leave, and they're continuing to remain that way.

Last night's MRI was less traumatic for me than usual, maybe because I am just resigned to the fact that this is our life. Maybe because I postponed it long enough that enough other things are on my mind and I didn't have time to worry. We were delayed a little because they took an inpatient ahead of us, so we ended up waiting close to an hour, because we had shown up, as instructed, half an hour early. They are renovating the hospital so we had a hard time finding our way around, or we might have been seen sooner, but I doubt it. They don't usually keep the sick patients waiting.

Brian did have an episode of his swalling trouble when they first put him into the tube, so that further sounds like anxiety. Then they gave him some water and the music came on, and then he did well. Until the very end, when he had to go to the bathroom and they wanted to redo a few of the sections that hadn't come out as clearly as others. Afterwards, Kevin peeked at the monitor and the tech showed him the whole spine, rotated it around, went up and down, and he thought it looked OK. Since he doesn't check the chiari site at the top, we don't know anything about that, but I have enough confidence in his syrinx judging abilities that I am not terribly concerned, but of course I do have that knot in my stomach, because I didn't see it myself, and he didn't check the chiari status.

In other news, Megan has picture day at school today, so her hair is all blown out and straight. She doesn't wear much makeup anyway, but she put on a little today. Luckily the rain didn't start until after all the girls got to school! That would have been disastrous! Also today, I am getting ready to drive the Doll to her hair appointment and then to visit my doctor for my annual checkup. Blood pressure! Oh no! My heart skips a beat just thinking about it. And finally, Brian starts his swimming practices tonight. He's only doing the group that does practice, no meets. They train with each other at the Y so they can be in shape for their high school season. There's a swim team meeting at Brian's school tomorrow, so he'll find out when those practices start, and he'll just go to those and not the Y, when they do.

No comments: