Monday, July 27, 2009

packing up

Last update before the trip! Not sure if I'll bring the laptop along or be able to update from Maryland, but Megan is already down there. Her event is listed to go off at 8:46 so I am going to have some kind of time getting there in time for that one! I don't know, maybe if I feel like I hit the alarm one too many times I'll just bag the day and get down in time for Wednesday. (:-X) I'll probably have to leave at 4:45 to get there in time for that, and even then, might miss it! In a few minutes I'll pack and load up the car.

In medical news, Brian's swallowing issue has either improved or he's gotten used to it, because he has a healthy appetite and he isn't putting his face into his shirt all the time anymore. Today he was in the house all day, reading, milling about, and "cleaning" his room (read: ripping everything out and leaving it all over the floor) so maybe that kind of quiet was helpful. He'll be more or less on his own this week, so I bought him things like corn muffins, soup, and yogurt. I don't like them eating when nobody is home anyway, but especially under these circumstances.

I took Wilbur to the vet the other day, as I think I posted, and he is now over 8 pounds. And, as I learned today, harboring coccidia this time. So, more medicine for our furry friend. He's been doing well with the housebreaking, I started leaving him off the leash and he has had only a few accidents, mostly out of excitement, and just one random puddle, which he was kind enough to leave on the tile this time, rather than the pile carpet in the family room!

Anyway, in other news, I have a quandary. I decided to bring some locally brewed beer to my Maryland hostess, and I went in and found that they have to put it into a giant bottle-thing ("growler") that can be refilled for half the price of the original filling. I probably won't get my growler back, but it's the thought that counts. The problem? It's cold! And I am leaving at 4:45 and heading to Maryland, not expecting to join up with the host family until after 3pm! What will become of the growler during that time? I guess I will pack it in a cooler with ice? I think I was possibly better off just sticking with my other gift, cocktail napkins with the skinny, frizzy-haired cocktail napkin girl, saying, "just call me Rita, Marga-Rita."

No comments: