Thursday, July 16, 2009

lo es!

And we have Plan B. Now we are having F, from our old stomping grounds in Queens. He is 11. I haven't been able to get in touch with his guardian yet, but I just got her name and I just tried a few minutes ago. I imagine this evening I will be able to get through. So this is most exciting again. We are having extreme ups and downs! Kevin will have to pick him up and bring him on the bus, and then take him back on Friday morning, because they have a minimum trip of one week. But with our broken-up August, this is really the only week we have available for this pursuit.

So there it is, the very latest. I feel a bit disappointed for R, but at least F will be a little closer in age to Brian, and hopefully he will still like fried chicken, swimming, sports, and eating fish. Maybe he'll speak some Spanish and train those with the less-than perfect accents. His name sounds more hispanic than the others, and based on where he lives, I'd say there's a good chance!

As I said, I won't give up until this works out! It may take a while. I told Kevin that we could get this new kid if he is willing to pick him up and take him back. I asked if he was willing. He countered with, "would it really matter if I wasn't?" And I said, "no."

In other news, Brian is disappointed because his friend was asked to go to dinner with two girls, and was asked to bring a friend. Brian can't go because he has to swim in the beach club meet tonight. He was even more appalled when he found out that Megan isn't going (she has to go to Y practice and the meet is one where we only get two lanes in each event anyway); but it's too late to sign him out of it without being dishonorable to the commitment, so he has to miss out on the double date :-) We thought all of this would be ruined by rain anyway, but that seems to have been pushed either way back or completely out of the picture. I should get out with the hose and water them.

No comments: