Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the big day

And here it is, the dawn of a new visitor. It's a beautiful day, nice and cool and sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Megan is up at the school, and Brian slept over at a friend's last night (against my better judgement) and is now incommunicado. I guess I'll have to hunt him down, but so far I have been busy shopping for groceries, running some quick loads of laundry, straightening up the kitchen, and taking care of dogs. As soon as I rest a minute, I'll run the vacuum through the house, then go on a search-and-rescue mission to find Brian and make him come home to get ready.

I sent the photo album with the pictures from last year to an old friend from college, and as I had it open, I looked through all the photos, and it made me feel really bad about not having invited C back. I hope that he was able to be placed somewhere else and that he has a good time. I envision him trapped in his apartment in the Bronx, not being able to participate because he wasn't invited back. I hope this isn't the case, I would have had him back if it were, and I tried to make this clear, so I hope I was successful in so doing.

Anyway, as Lady Macbeth said, what's done is done, and it cannot be undone. So we will be there to greet R as he disembarks this afternoon. Then we'll see what type of kid he is, bring him home to unpack, and see if he wants to try a day at the beach already. It's supposed to turn warmer and more humid tomorrow; I will probably drag him down there early so Brian can do swim practice. And we also have puppy school tonight. I am kind of mad at myself for signing up for this. It was pretty expensive for just six weeks, and I happened to notice the parks department offers the same type of class for a quarter of the cost, and for one extra week.

I have mentioned that I somehow lost my camera. I don't know what happened, I have a vague recollection of pulling it out and taking pictures, discovering that the memory stick was left at home. But I may have created this memory because, in fact, the memory stick IS left at home. It's here in this laptop. I don't know if the cleaning ladies moved (or stole) it or what happened. But I made the mistake of taking Megan with me to Target yesterday so I could buy a new, cheapo one. Instead, I ended up buying HER a brand new underwater camera, and taking her old one for myself. It's actually a good deal for me, because that camera she has is the same as my lost one, only better. But the transaction cost me a whole lot more than I had intended!

Anyway, in other news, I feel like I am at a construction site. The neighbors in the back must be having their floors redone, but it just sounds like there's a huge generator running directly outside the back of my house. Another idyllic day in burbtopia. I guess I should go and start vacuuming. At least then I won't hear them. Stay tuned for Fresh Air updates!

No comments: