Friday, May 1, 2009

living on the edge

We ate at a Mexican restaurant tonight. I can't believe it, but we did. And it is run by Mexicans. It's not like Chili's and Chi-Chi's, it's legitimate and Mexican. Our waitress seemed well enough, but I didn't get a good look at the chefs. Although my latest take on swine flu is that if you're going to get it, best to be among the first, while it's still a relatively minor illness. Just in case they're right and comes back en force in the fall and winter. I wonder if our latest bout with The Great Sick will confer any immunity? It surely was several days of unpleasantness. Maybe WE were patient zero!

Anyway, I made the mistake yesterday of mentioning to Brian that our phones are eligible for upgrades. He goes through phones like crazy, it's like he saps the life out of them. He's been through three in the time that Megan and I have been using the same ones we got two years ago. Mine is beginning to falter a bit, like if I text it won't catch all the letters, and the battery is running down faster than it used to, but overall it still serves me well.

But we all loaded into the car and, after getting lost for ten minutes trying to pick up a girl who wanted to go to the mall with E (this was my third time picking her up and she only lives five minutes away), we headed down the AT&T store. I had to drive all the way to the mall, because the store I used to go to, a satellite store rather than a corprate location, was going in and making unathorized changes to my account! So I won't ever go there again, even though it was more convenient.

So this trip cost $265 so far, and the new bills will start rolling in soon. They both got really nice phones, with internet, keyboards, and all the bells and whistles. They're a little large for my liking, but they both said it was perfect for them. I didn't even see anything in the store that tempted me too much, so I'll probably just wait and upgrade mine when I really feel the need to replace my faithful red phone.

Anyway, as far as school goes, still no news on the teacher's father, so I don't know if I will be in next week, either for her or otherwise. The week went pretty well as far as I was concerned, I think we managed to get by as best we could with the limited guidance - all I had were her plans, which actually ended today so if she doesn't make it back, the week will be a little tough! I guess I will hear by Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday, I do hope they change the forecast! Rain + Phillies is not a fun thing! But I do have a whole bunch of red ponchos from the last rain-out we sat through. Although one of them is a Cardinals poncho, for some reason. Infiltrated the lot, I guess.

In other news, E will have a busy week coming up. She has a big concert tomorrow, then the Phillies game, and the junior prom is on Friday night! She is dismayed at the amount of money she has spent in recent weeks, of course most of it on the two dresses she bought for the prom, one of which she now hates, and the other she barely tolerates. However, I am just glad that she has dresses at all, because with her taste and her shopping history, the dress of her dreams was likely not going to materialize in time for the end of school!

No comments: