Sunday, May 24, 2009

(mid)weekend updatee

So here it is, Sunday night. Tomorrow is the famed Memorial Day. It is forecast to be rainy in the morning, perhaps clearing in the afternoon. We will probably go down to the beach for a few hours, even if just to sit wrapped in blankets, we'll bring down the chairs and towels and look at the ocean, that is always nice.

Anyway, yesterday, I decided it would be a good day to heat the pool, which was opened last weekend. So I pushed the button. And then I thought, hmm. Must be doing something wrong. And I pushed it again. And I thought the same thought. And I pushed it again and it went 'whoosh' and I thought, "whew," and I walked away. I heard it whoosh again but didn't think much about it until a few minutes later Kevin announced that it had shut itself off again. So the multi-million dollar pool heater lasted exactly two seasons bfore self-destructing. Kevin spent hours working on it yesterday and today, undaunted by the plague inflicted upon him either by E or by his travels aboard the swine flu express to Miami last week. Nothing. So for $100, next Saturday, the pool company will send someone out. Just to look at it.

Incidentally, the water temperature is a balmy 71 degrees. Or it was before the icy rains began to fall from the sky tonight, while Megan is at a pool party.

Anyway, that is our story. Yesterday I hung around the house and got some things done in the house and in the yard, while Kevin tinkered in vain with the heater. He also took Brian up to play a little golf, and then we had a mini BBQ last night. Megan went to the beach, and E went to some kind of concert that resulted in her not returning until 12:18 am. (!) Tonight she is out with some friends and planning a boat excursion for tomorrow. I hope the weather holds out. Could be mighty cold out there on that North Atlantic! Maybe they'll stick to a river cruise.

Oh Speaking of E, I got the most infuriating email from the rep today! It commands our presence at the final, *mandatory* meeting, NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED on June 13. This happens to be a Saturday in, I believe, three weeks from now. So she commands our presence, from 3-5, on a Saturday in June. It also happens to be the day after the Doll's significant 75th birthday. And Megan has a swim meet at Princeton that whole weekend, which also happens to be the weekend before finals at the high school. And for those fans who don't pay attention, she had the FLU when she took midterms, so she needs to be in good shape for finals. Or else!

**update! Brian just lost another tooth! He has been losing them at a rate of about one a week lately - I knew this would happen, they stuck in his mouth for longer than they should have, and now they are all coming out at once; better stock up on yogurt and soup, he's toothless!**

So back to the agency issue. They also included questionnaires for us, for E, and for the school. I take issue with THIS ... they have not been a good support system for us at all. We have worked everything out on our own (well that which we worked out, anyway) and it wasn't easy. If anything, the rep complicated matters. And I can't write that and then turn it in to her! So I think this is so unfair. Those questionnaires should be turned in over their heads. I don't like this agency and wouldn't use them again, which is one of the questions. If I do decide to do this again, and it surely won't be the next school year, or the one after that, I will probably seek out a different agency!

But in other news, the rain is really coming down tonight! Kevin and I went to a little fishery we haven't been to in years, and the food was so good! We decided to just go out on a date since we had the chance. We'll have to remember to go back to this place again. It really is good. We went earlier to a nursery to find out what's been eating my knock-out roses, which are not supposed to succumb to pests. While we were there, we picked up another $10 azalea, as well as a butterfly bush and some flowers for the mailbox planter. Now to find room for the new plants! Mostly the available spots have all been taken up already! But with the rhododendrons and the peonies beginning to bloom, more pictures will soon be forthcoming! But now, it's time to go and fetch Megan. With this rain, I wish I had my Explorer - it's still at the dealer, pending another $600 diagnostic breakdown. Gah.

No comments: