Thursday, May 7, 2009

time drags, and then it's over

So I guess it didn't really drag after all! The week started out moving really slowly, and there have certainly been obstacles, like a substitute teacher in the class while I was subbing, and several different teachers telling me what to do and not always sharing the same opinions, and a class full of kids who would rather talk amongst themselves than listen to me.

But I made it, or I almost did, one more day to go. Tomorrow will be fun, the classroom aide will be out and she will have a sub, and then the co-teacher will also be out, so there will be another sub, and not even the same one who has been in with me all week, a young guy to whom I have grown attached despite my initial surprise. So check back after tomorrow and see what will happen!

I can't believe the rain has barely let up at all. Three straight days of indoor recess and I was about to lose my mind. Finally yesterday we had a little break and I was able to rush them out for a little while, and again today. Just as we were coming in it started to rain. But after school today I managed to get out and get the process of rearranging plants started. I decided to get a new azalea to offset another one and yesterday I found one for $10! It must have been a leftover from last year but it's exactly what I needed. It was larger than the ones at the other nurseries, but scragglier. Hopefully it will flourish now that it has found a home. The more expensive ones wouldn't have been anywhere near the right size. But now I'm waiting for the year when all my plants just bloom and I love them, instead of thinking, "well, maybe if I move this one over here, and that one over there ..." or "why aren't my lilacs blooming?!"

Anyway, in other news, Brian's new cell phone already has a cracked screen! I am mad! I guess I should take it back but I'm worried that they'll try to say he did something to it, which he didn't. He hasn't even had it for a week! I'll get him to the store one day soon and see if they'll replace it and then get a cover for it. Kevin thinks it justs ort of imploded because maybe he squeezed it while he was using it. Megan has her second lifeguarding class tonight, so two down, five to go. She was mad at me, though, because we went to Applebee's and I forgot to bring her something back. She punished me by eating a huge bowl of ice cream. And the Phillies punished me by losing to the Mets, again.

No comments: