Wednesday, May 20, 2009

humbug humpday

Well, I had work today. It was not wonderful, it's a rough crowd. They're all very cute, but I felt like my head was going to explode by the end of the day and there were very few of them. Also, on Monday night, I went to take off my necklace and it wasn't on my neck. It was a thin chain with a small cross, with some diamonds. I knew that I had put it on, so I guessed the clasp hadn't closed and it had fallen off during the day at school. I emailed the secretary and teacher, and they wrote back and said that they didn't find it.

But today, they brought in a note from the janitor, and on the note was just the chain! :-( so the cross, the best part of it, remains at large. It's pretty small, so it could have been swept up or caught up in something, never to be seen again. I am happy to have the chain, but given the choice of the two parts, I would have preferred to have kept only the cross ... sigh.

I also found out today that I won't be getting that 12 day job at the end of the year; I am really fine about it, aside from the way it happened. The story is that the boss wants someone specifically certified in that area - which of course, I am not. I did think it would put me in an awkward spot to finish out the year with a bunch of kids whose parents might have questions, and their half days get out way later than the half days of the middle and high schools. So I will just continue with the uncertainty and daily phone calls of the past eight years! As of now, I am not working tomorrow, and I do hope it stays that way. I need a real rest, without other people at home with me.

In other news, E is recovering slowly from her Great Malaise. She is still coughing, but not as badly. No wonder, with the plethora of medications I have her taking; but now Megan has come down with the sniffles. I tried to get her doctor to renew her nasonex prescription, but the junior partner refused, because she wants to see her in the office. I was mad, it isn't a major medication, and after so many years of nursing her (and Brian) through these same sorts of things, I think I know when to use these medications. I wish I had asked for refills when I asked for these. I remember the doctor had offered, and I said, no, I'll just call you if I need more. Hah. Luckily Megan has some left, but it's old, which means she probably used it already with a sickness. the main doctor is on vacation and won't even be back for a week. Oh! And Memorial Day weekend is at hand! What will the weather have in store for us this year?! The beach club is opening!

No comments: