Thursday, April 16, 2009

a week gone by?

Usually I think that the four day weeks are the slow ones, but this week flew by, probably due in no small part to the banquet book that bogged me down. I realized that I was missing several ads that should have been in, and many had allegedly been emailed, and I could see that they had, because people would pick up their original mails and forward them to me, but they were nowhere to be found in my inbox OR my trash. Anyway, I spent most of yesterday scrambling and fighting my endlessly crashing computer to get the whole thing finished, and it is, although I think it is not one of my best works. I just did what I had to do to finish it up, but didn't have a lot of time to doctor it up and make it purdy.

So I turned down work yesterday because I woke up with a sore throat and also had plans for lunch and to work on the banquet book. Then again, she called for tomorrow, but I have committed to take the Doll to the hospital for an endoscopy. It's been a crazy week! I have to take Brian over and sign him up as a gym member at the physical therapy place, before he loses all the benefits he had gained from the therapy, but he also seems to have this cold that has stricken me out of the blue. And tomorrow he wants to have a friend over, and Saturday and Sunday he has baseball, and we have a communion in Princeton to attend on Saturday.

On an aside note, a strange thing happened today. I pulled into the driveway and noticed a strange car across the street. A woman and a small boy got out and went to talk to the neighbors across from us. Something clicked in my mind, but I wasn't sure what - it made me think of the previous owner. Five minutes later, the doorbell rang, and it was the woman and the small boy. She was the daughter, who had grown up in this house, and she was asking if she could walk around and look at the house. I was a bit ashamed that we haven't improved much in the way of the kitchen and floors and wallpaper - but I was eternally grateful that she had come just hours after the cleaning lady had left! I would have been absolutely mortified if she had shown up yesterday! So that was funny. She apparently lives in Oregon now, and the little boy was her nephew, the one for whom the basement was redone.

And in other news, the ad book for the banquet is finally on its way to the printer and I will not have to work on it any more this year! I hope I didn't make too many mistakes; I'm wondering if I should just skip the banquet this year! When the sub caller called tonight and I told her why I can't work, she ended up giving me work for every day next week, although the first three days are AM only. Thursday and Friday are fifth grade, so that should be interesting. I haven't had this particular class before, they usually always have the same sub, because she was with them for months in the beginning of the year while their teacher was out. But I have done her class before, just not this year. Anyway, my mind is becoming fried. I think I have to go up and lie down for the night!

No comments: