Monday, April 13, 2009

hitting the ground running

So we arrived back to rain and cold in New Jersey, knowing that many of our teammates were staying behind to enjoy the warmth and sun of South Florida for a few more days. But we had other plans. Our flight home was uneventful, took off on time and landed early, and we were in our house before 11pm.

The next day we just took some time to unwind and get ready for Easter, which we spent at church in the morning and brunch in the afternoon. I had the unfortunate experience of viewing some pictures that Kevin took of me, wet in the ocean in a bathing suit and this caused me to deeply regret almost all food that has crossed my lips for the past 15 years. My diet starts tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, shockingly, I received already a call from the sub caller! So I am working, but only a morning floater job, tomorrow. Then I'll see about getting some exercise. If the weather would warm up, I could begin my daily walks.

All of the pets are well despite their abandonment, Puff is sitting with me and purring as I type this. Kevin reported that Molly was in no great rush to leave the Doll's house, that she actually went over to her blanket to lie down when he got ready to leave! Of course, then she came home and had a seizure last night. But better here than at the Doll's, since she can't walk until after she pukes, so you have to catch the puke before dragging her outside in case it happens again. But all is back to normal now.

In other news, I'm working on getting Megan into a lifeguarding class. They are all inconvenient except for the one that I would have picked, which was filled prematurely by the Y. Now she's in one that meets for 4.5 hours every Saturday and Sunday throughout June. Then I got a letter from the team listing all the weekend meets in June. So I have a problem with swimming; what else is new? I'm also thinking of our family vacation which is planned for Megan's 16th birthday in August, although we don't know where we will go. She doesn't have a real destination in mind, I had offered Europe but can't pick a country, and she isn't much help. I thought someplace Spanish, since that's the language she takes in school, but what do I know about visiting Spain?

No comments: