Sunday, April 5, 2009

the countdown begins

So I guess we will leave the house around 5am tomorrow. The flight is due to leave at 7:45 and arrive at 10:45, but the weather is supposed to be wet. Weather.com says that the rain will begin around 6, which means that it is possible it won't be too bad by the time we leave, but only time will tell.

Of course Kevin is having the time of his life down there without us, and we are scurrying around trying to get ready. E arrived safely and right on time, she was here when we got back from Brian's baseball game this afternoon. Then we took Molly over to the Doll's, and we all went to Applebee's for dinner. All of this dining out is not good for my pre-Florida physique!!!

E was just doing some laundry and I noticed that it smelled like gas over by the laundry room. I don't know if it was something in the garbage that I had put by the door, or it was the old litterbox itself, or if it was actually gas. I have to go back and check on it again. I opened the window for a while and disposed of any smelly trash bags. Hopefully the smell will be gone.

Speaking of smells, I cleaned out my Explorer today, which reeked of sour milk. Then I left it with the hatch and all the windows open for three hours. It smelled lovely inside. Until we parked it outside of Applebees for an hour. Now it reeks again. I had wanted to load up the car tonight but then all of our bags will stink like sour milk. So we can stack them inside the door and just toss them in before we go.

Anyway, I must go and get ready for bed now, if I am to get up at 4am. I think I'll check and see if we really have to be there that early. Our seats are already confirmed and I already checked us in online. I'll read the tickets and see what they say about when to show up. But in other news, Brian's baseball team lost their game today, 8-3. But it wasn't a terrible game, at one point it was 5-3. They seem to give up their runs in groups, never just one run in an inning. Better luck next time, I guess. And I am off to bed.

No comments: