Saturday, April 4, 2009

and then there were two ...

Accompanied by quite the wind-whipped symphony of air, Kevin has managed to get off to sunny Florida safely. I dropped him at the train to the plane at 6:00 and his flight was amazingly only slightly delayed. I checked on the SAS flight and so far it hasn't been delayed for tomorrow. The only concern I see now is the weather on Monday, which is supposed to be bad. I can only hope the bad stuff doesn't start until we are well on our way to what is forecast to be a sunny, rain-free week in Fort Lauderdale! Our hotel has only been open for a couple of weeks since its renovations, so hopefully it will be nice. I guess Kevin will let me know later. Maybe I can get him to send some pictures of the room so I know what we're in for, someone said it is very nice, but a little smaller than last year's rooms. Which were pretty small.

Megan texted that they are being taken to the beach at 3:30. Last year they only got to go once, because one of the boys swam out to the buoy and ignored calls to come back in, incensing the coach and resulting in a moratorium on beach trips, until the last day when they came with all of the parents to our hotel. The meet doesn't actually start till Monday, but they go to the pool every day for practice, but now is the fun part of it. Once Monday rolls around, they'll be exhausted every day.

Brian had baseball practice today and I took Molly when I went to pick him up. She had a nice time walking around an empty field, and running along a fence that had a HUGE fluffy black Bouvier on the other side. Then when it was time to get back in the car, she developed a limp - or actually, she walked on three legs instead of two. She seems fine now, just a little tired and she gets up every time I do, hoping we're going somewhere else that's fun.

Then we picked up some books from Barnes & Noble and now Brian is getting ready for our date to Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Well, it was going to be a date, but then he asked if his friend could come too. So now I am the third wheel. :-/ First we're going to pick up a pair of sunglasses to protect his eyes from that harsh Florida sun!

In other news, the package from the school for E was in our mailbox this morning. Looks like only three teachers actually gave her work, but the math work should keep her busy for sure. The others were English, which she should be able to handle, and a big packet which I can only assume is from her Economics teacher. So now she has something to do for the week, while she relaxes poolside or beachside and unwinds from the experiences of the past three weeks!!! I also managed to finally finish all the ads in the banquet ad book, although I usually put lines and break apart the quarter and half page ads and I didn't do that because of the dragginess of the PC. So now I have to do the front part of the book, but I think I'll do that in a separate file and then merge the two. Fun times ahead. Stay tuned.

No comments: